Search OneSimCard Support Pages:
Back to Main Support Page
I have an Apple iPhone. When I dial following your instructions it does not work. What's wrong?
This reply does not apply to OneSimCard Europe & More SIM or newer SIM cards purchased after January 2017.
Older SIM cards might require entering the compatibility code on your iPhone.
How to activate compatibility mode:
1. Locate OneSimCard Menu.
On iPhones it is called SIM Applications menu and is located under Settings- Phone menu
- Open "OneSimCard" menu ( SIM Applications)
- Select "Settings
Newer SIM Cards: Select Compatibility option and make sure "On" is selected
Older SIM Cards: After selecting Settings:
- Agree with message by pressing "Yes"
- Dial digits "1101" and select "OK" (Screen will show "CC OptionX: ON" message)
Bear in mind that if you have powered your telephone down, and have removed and reinstalled the battery, you will need to follow the programming steps outlined above, again.
We strongly recommend you to watch very short video tutorials for iPhone that will help you to understand how to make calls, SMS and data on your OneSimCard iPhone.
If your phone is not Jail-Broken, you still can use OneSimCard Assist app available from iTunes. This app will help you to dial numbers properly by correcting mis-dialed numbers and will allow easy access to OneSimCard functions like checking balance, recharging your SIM, activating discounts and others.
These videos are available in the Help Menu of your OneSimCard Portal. You need to log in to your OneSimCard account first and then proceed to the Help Menu to be able to access these videos.
Again, this is for older SIM Cards. Newer SIM cards do not require entering any codes in iPhone or other types of phones.
Will I be able to see the usage details for my M2M SIM card?
Yes, all usage details and charges are available in the My SIM Card menu of the customer account.
In addition, you can filter SIM cards using the following parameters:
- SIM cards with Data Package to be activated when the traffic starts moving
- This option allows you to view those SIM cards where data packages have been set up for activation and will be triggered automatically once data is moving on the SIM.
- SIM cards with data packages scheduled to get activated later
- This option displays SIM cards with data packages scheduled to be activated on a particular date.
- SIM with the balance below X
- This option displays SIM cards with low balances that might need your attention to ensure service is not interrupted due to lack of funds.
- SIM cards with the data usage over the last X DAYS above Y MB
- This option displays SIM cards with the data usage exceeding your projected usage or could be used for other usage monitoring applications.
- SIM Cards with the $ spending – Top X % in 30 days
- This option displays SIM cards that are consuming the most funds for data and SMS usage.
- SIM cards that reached monthly additions limit
- If monthly spending limits for SIM cards are set, this option allows you to view SIM cards that already reached the monthly limit and are temporarily not in service until additional funds are added.
- SIM cards 10% below monthly additions limit
- This option allows you to view the range of SIM cards that are about to reach the monthly limit (If you have set limits on the SIM cards.)
How does the global cell phone rental program work?
It's actually quite simple to rent a OneSimCard international cell phone phone bundle to use during your travels. Just tell us the date you need the phone and we'll ship a complete package directly to your door. Your package will include a mobile phone programmed with an international phone number, extra battery, charger, international travel plug adapter, holster, OneSimCard User Guide, $5 worth of initial airtime, and a US Mail return envelope. When you return from your trip, simply return the package in the envelope provided - just add postage. When you tell us the country of your travel, we will select the SIM card type for you that offers the lowest calling rates in this country.
What Start Date, End Date and shipping method should I choose when placing my cell phone rental order?
All orders are shipped out based on the rental Start Date that you enter and your shipping method. The Start Date is the latest day that you will need your phone rental before you leave for your trip (usually a day or two before you leave). The End Date is the day your package must be postmarked by to avoid any late return fees. Rentals will ship out with enough time to make sure you receive your order a couple of days prior to your Start Date.
For example, if you place your rental order on August 15 with a Start Date of August 30 and choose Overnight shipping, we will ship your package on August 27 so it arrives on August 28.
What network coverage is offered on M2M SIM Card?
OneSimCard M2M SIM work on major networks of the countries where it is being used.
For example in USA the service is offered on AT&T and T-Mobile network. In Canada the service is offered on Rogers, Telus or Bell Canada. The switching between networks is automatic. The networks with the strongest signal will be selected to provide the best quality of service.
Is text messaging available on the OneSim VoIP App?
OneSimCard SIM VoIP users with US and Canadian numbers may now send and receive text messages over the OneSim VoIP app on iPhone and Android. The cost to send or receive each message is $0.05.
Note: SMS sent from VoIP app can only be sent to USA and Canadian numbers.
What are the advantages of using OneSim VoIP?
The main advantages are significant cost savings and the ability to call from countries where there is no roaming coverage available.
OneSim VoiP can be used from any Android or Apple ( iOS) device to make international LD calls even when you are not traveling. OneSim VoIP does not require having OneSimCard SIM being installed in the phone. OneSim VoIP can be used with Wi-Fi or 3G - no difference. You just need to have OneSimCard account with the SIM VoIP capable PEN. Calling using OneSim VoIP will cost most of the time less than any other way of calling including Skype.
OneSim VoIP is available with all 3 types of SIM card we offer - Plus, Data & Roam and Europe & More.