Search OneSimCard Support Pages:
Back to Main Support Page
How does the global cell phone rental program work?
It's actually quite simple to rent a OneSimCard international cell phone phone bundle to use during your travels. Just tell us the date you need the phone and we'll ship a complete package directly to your door. Your package will include a mobile phone programmed with an international phone number, extra battery, charger, international travel plug adapter, holster, OneSimCard User Guide, $5 worth of initial airtime, and a US Mail return envelope. When you return from your trip, simply return the package in the envelope provided - just add postage.
Update: As of March 5, 2018, all rentals come with a prepaid USPS Priority Mail return label. Simply attach it to the provided return envelope with your rentals inside and drop it off at the nearest post office. Itâ€™s that easy!
When you tell us the country of your travel, we will select the SIM card type for you that offers the lowest calling rates in this country.
When do you consider the rental package as having been returned?
You should ship the package back to us through the US Postal service using the label and envelope that came in your original package.Â
As of March 5, 2018, all rentals come with a prepaid USPS Priority Mail return label. Simply attach it to the provided return envelope with your rentals inside and drop it off at the nearest post office. Itâ€™s that easy!
The post office will scan the label. The date the package is scanned is considered the rental's return date. Thus you will not be charged rental fees for the days after the package is scanned to be shipped back to OneSimCard.
What if I return the Rental Package, but some of the items are missing or damaged?
You will be charged for missing or damaged items in the package. The cost of the replacement items is provided in the packing slip of the rental package.
To avoid paying replacement costs, consider purchasing a rental insurance. View full terms and conditions here.
When do you charge my credit card?
Upon shipping of the rentals, we will charge your credit card the full replacement cost of the rental package.
When the package is returnedÂ to OneSimCard, we will issue the credit back to the original credit card for the difference of the replacement cost andÂ the actual cost of rentals based on the rental period ordered and the date returned.
Separate charges will be made for the purchase of additional air-time at the time of recharges (air-time purchase).
How can I set up the Personal Extra Number (PEN) on my rental order?
Once your order is processed and shipped, you will receive a notification email. At this point, you can log in to your account and:
- Activate your SIM card(s) (you should wait to activate until after you receive the package)
- Once the SIM is activated, you can set up the PEN. You will see the link on the screen in the Recharge Menu. The PEN activation is done instantly.Â
If you activate the Free US PEN and your travel is under 30 days, it will stay active for the duration of your travel. If you will be traveling for more than 30 days and require the use of the PEN beyond 30 days, you must renew your PEN for a fee before it expires.
Alternatively, you can order a PEN in your local area or in another country if you require one.Â
Will I be able to see the usage details for my M2M SIM card?
Yes, all usage details and charges are available in the My SIM Card menu of the customer account.
In addition, you can filter SIM cards using the following parameters:
- SIM cards with Data Package to be activated when the traffic starts moving
- This option allows you to view those SIM cards where data packages have been set up for activation and will be triggered automatically once data is moving on the SIM.
- SIM cards with data packages scheduled to get activated later
- This option displays SIM cards with data packages scheduled to be activated on a particular date.
- SIM with the balance below X
- This option displays SIM cards with low balances that might need your attention to ensure service is not interrupted due to lack of funds.
- SIM cards with the data usage over the last X DAYS above Y MB
- This option displays SIM cards with the data usage exceeding your projected usage or could be used for other usage monitoring applications.
- SIM Cards with the $ spending â€“ Top X % in 30 days
- This option displays SIM cards that are consuming the most funds for data and SMS usage.
- SIM cards that reached monthly additions limit
- If monthly spending limits for SIM cards are set, this option allows you to view SIM cards that already reached the monthly limit and are temporarily not in service until additional funds are added.
- SIM cards 10% below monthly additions limit
- This option allows you to view the range of SIM cards that are about to reach the monthly limit (If you have set limits on the SIM cards.)
What network coverage is offered on M2M SIM Card?
OneSimCard M2M SIM work on major networks of the countries where it is being used.
For example in USA the service is offered on AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon network. In Canada the service is offered on Rogers, Telus or Bell Canada. The switching between networks is automatic. The networks with the strongest signal will be selected to provide the best quality of service.